Monday, August 17, 2009

The calm before the storm



So we've received several informative emailings about typhoons in the surrounding areas, Tropical Depression Maka:
415 MILES EAST-SOUTHEAST OF WAKE ISLAND.

and

Tropical Storm Vamco (pictured above):
575 MILES NORTH OF POHNPEI...
655 MILES NORTHEAST OF CHUUK AND
785 MILES EAST OF SAIPAN.



I'm slightly nervous. In fact, I had a hard time sleeping last night and I'm going to blame it on my fear of being hit by one of these storms. Neither of them are yet classified as typhoons, but they are both expected to intensify in the next 24 hours...yikes.


So I walked outside to see what the weather is doing now...

It's so calm and still it's erie...
There is no wind.
The air is warm, not too hot,
And so humid it feels like you are underwater...where's my snorkel???
The sky is still.
There are some clouds.
Some are white,
Some are light gray.
The water is calm and gunmetal grey...

I'm nervous. But I'm holding out hope that they dump their rain and leave us unscathed. We do have scattered rain fore casted for the next four days...

No comments:

Post a Comment